Show reviews that mention
bus service ticket customer service driver customer people station bus driver trip
Filter review

Bad customer service; rude employees!!!

I will NEVER travel on Greyhound busses!! Basically on the day before christmas eve greyhound agents in Bakersfield Were selling tickets without even knowing if there was room on the busses!! I tried to find out what was happening and the agents were very rude And paid me no mind at all. On top of all that, there are no refunds! This company needs serious help!! Ruined my day and if you choose to travel greyhound, They'll ruin yours too. Do yourself a favor and don't travel greyhound! Its not worth your time,effort, or money! *** greyhound!

To the guy who commented saying grow up, you're a *** retard and know about as much as the monkeys who run greyhound. Tickets are for a SPECIFIC SCHEDULE and if you don't use it for that SPECIFIC SCHEDULE you're basically screwed whether its your fault or not. So maybe before you tell anyone to grow up you figure out what the *** you're talking about.

Just get 21 day advanced its 50% off plus there no problem with over selling on a bus if you paid before mostly anybody right?

HORRIBLE customer service. These guys are absolutely terrible.

I usually don't complain about customer service reps but ***...

They're rude and they have no idea what they're talking about.

Never, ever, ever booking with them again.

It's been over a year they've been jerking me around for my refund.

They now claim they issued it to my cancelled card, which I vehemently stated to them was no longer in use the very first time I called them.

I figure that's their problem since I still don't have my money for their *** service I didn't use.

They are in bankruptcy, will be out of biz in a year.

Don't waste your money

They can oversell tickets because they are good anytime of the day, its not for a specific bus. It's first come first serve, so it's your fault. Grow up.

View more comments (5)
Fairfield, California
Greyhound Bus Service

Do not go Greyhound Traumatic Experience!

On Dec 19,2010 Started out my trip from Cleveland, Ohio to LA, California. The Greyhound staff and most drivers were all RUDE! Absolutely no Customer service. I felt as if I was on a Prision Bus and treated like very poorly. the trip was 2.5 days long and cost $403 RT. You would think they would try and make it as comfortable as poosible but instead overbooked the buses so there were long delays and cramped seating. On the way to LA the 1st bus went thru a blizzard with both windshield wipers and defrost broken. The driver was very nice but had to pulol over several times to try to fix wipers. the 2nd bus transferred in Chicago it had a bad transmission and kept stalling and the brake line kept freezing. We broke down in Iowa city on the highway. Had to get out in 10 degree weather and stand in ditch because the bus filled with fumes and smoke. After 20 mins, boarded again and fumes gave us nose bleeds, headaches and upset stomach. Greyhound tru=ied to fix at 3 different stops but did not give us a new bus until we were in Las Vegas. Due to this we had to take our stuff off the bus several times. Smoewhere in between that a driver left a person behind as some stops we only had a 5 min break with no food or bathroom accessible for 5 or more hours. We arrived 3 hrs late. On the way back home in Las Vegas the driver was an x Marine w/dry sense of humor and seemed mean as he would not help a diabled elder and was yelling at her so my friend said to him"U dont have to be mean to her" the driver kicked my friend off the bus. after that he was helpful to the diabled lady and everyone eles. Some drivers were very slow and waited 4 hrs in Denver for unknown delay reason. Greeyhound says because they were overbooked. Also we were only supposed to transfer once but actually transferred twice each way and not all stops were on Itinerary. I will NEVER take Greyhound again. I have complained and better get a refund or I am suing as most of us should do.

Are you on drugs or are you just retarded? You shouldnt get your trip for free!!

You have no grounds for a suit either so give it up brainless wonder. :eek :eek :sigh :sigh

Atlanta, Georgia

Stressed single mom from Newcastle

Today was the first time my 15 year old son used the Greyhound. We had no ticket on arriving at the bus stop in Newcastle at 13h30. The hostes treated us with alot of respect. Before the bus left, she called us and said there is space available for him. I was told that the Greyhound will be in Pretoria at 20h10. At 20h33 we called the Call Centre, they informed us that the bus is running 30 min. late. I would like to know why my child only arrived in Pretoria at 21h55? Please keep your Call Center informed of ETA and ETD's. Stressed single mom.

You are seriously complaining about a 45 minute delay? And that he didn't arrive until 15 minutes after the time that their phone line stated during the delay?

You are completely unrealistic.

Pretoria, Gauteng
Greyhound Bus Service
On the way to Alabama from Fort Myers Florida, which was suppose to be a 20 hour trip, the bus I was riding was involved in an accident. The brakes went out and we re-ended a car. Greyhound then abanded me at Tallahassee, and told me it would be the next day before I...
Fort Myers, Florida

GREYHOUND

AS SOME ONE WHO USE TO WORK FOR THEM, IT IS TOO EASY TO COMPLAIN. tHE PERSPECTIVE IS ALL LOST ON THE PUBLIC. NO OTHER COMPANY IN THE WORLD(OWNERS FROM SCOTLAND) WOULD DARE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE GREYHOUND DOES. NO OTHER ENTITY WOULD EVEN CARE TO IF IT WAS PROFITABLE(BARELY). FOR A PRIVATE CORP TO TAKE ON THIS KIND OF BUSINESS IS IN TRUTH HEROIC. THIS IS WHY GREYHOUND HAS THE AUTOMONY AND THE MONOPOLY ON THE BUSINESS- NO ONE HAS THE RESOURCES OR THE WILL TO ACCEPT THIS KIND OF CHALLENGE. NOT EVEN THE US GOVERNMENT IS WILLING, LIKE MOST OF THE WORLD... THE HARD REALITY IS THE SERVICE SEEMS SO AWFUL BECAUSE THE CORP CANNOT AFFORD CUSTOMER SERVICE PERIOD...

American business culture is based on customer service, it is obvious for anyone who does not work for the company that there is a problem that is why you are not profitable. btw just accosted by two greyhound employees today for unknowingly touching an employees bag. Go dog!

Zuni, New Mexico
Greyhound Customer Care

Got to stations turned around and left

I got to the station walked in turned around and left. I didnt need anymore time to realize I was getting into the nightmare of my life. Los Angeles greyhound station should be the topic of a reality show on stress fear unbelievable travelin conditions. If you have seen a movie about third world travel horrors this is it. You would think theyd be a modern sleek shining flagship for greyhound considering there were around 500 people in there. I couldnt believe it over 100 people in line to buy a ticker and ONE salesperson.... LET ME REPEAT ONE salesperson. I just left. And as I left I heard alot of men grumbling under thier breath starting to pick fights etc and I only blame greyhound BECAUSE I CALLED before i went down there and the man said I KNOW NOTHING I CANT TELL YOU ANYTHING. WHAT BS

Even black "people" hate black "peoples."

@PissedConsumer1298088

Yeah *** all ***.

freedom of speech

yes greyhound sucks dont ride that scumhound

ID
#208740 Review #208740 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Los Angeles, California

Driver lied to me

So I was supposed to go college visiting today and then I walk up to the counter to get my ticket. I needed a reference number which was completely ***, why cant they just ask for an id and credit card to make sure I'm the one who bought it online. anyways after 20 mins of finding the reference number after calling their horrible customer service, i see a pined document on the wall saying cars parked overnight will be towed so i proceeded to tell the driver that i had to move my car and he says ok, do it fast cause I'm leaving soon. so i get my bag, and put it in the greyhound station which took approximately 5-10 seconds and by that time i looked back and I see the door closed and the bus pulling away. he should have just told me he could not wait and was leaving that instant, right now i wouldn't angry with 2 non refundable tickets, one to Indiana and one back.

Yes greyhound is where the *** of the earth ride so be careful when you ride this unsafe transportation.

I doubt that you are enrolled in college with your poor spelling and grammar. Tell the truth you were really on your way to a bar or strip club.

View more comments (1)
ID
#208455 Review #208455 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Farmington, Michigan
Greyhound Bus Service

Greyhound driver refused my business, lied and insulted me

Before this incident, my experiences with Greyhound were not very notable. The buses were old and dirty, the drivers were somewhat brusque and the other passengers were not exactly the classiest folks in the world. But it got me from point A to point B at little expense and hassle, so I tolerated the faults. However, after this incident I refuse to ride Greyhound and I strongly discourage anyone I know from riding it. One night in January 2009 I attempted to board a late-night bus at a station with a closed ticket counter. I had taken this same route at the same time several times before, and I had always paid the driver the exact cash amount of the ticket. I understood this was acceptable under company policy when the ticket counter was not in operation. This particular night I attempted to do so again. This driver informed me that I could not board the bus without a ticket. I tried to convey to him that I had done this several times before with no objections. The driver told me it was company policy to not allow this, which is a bald-faced lie. The situation escalated when I calmly and politely pointed out his lie. He proceeded to verbally attack my character and rail into me with insults. He called me self-centered, egotistical, ignorant and ***, simply because I had the gall to correct his lie. His conduct was incredibly unprofessional and indicated that he was suffering from severe stress or possibly a mental illness. I was so confused by his lashing out that I could not come up with responses to this nonsense (which I'm sure just confirmed to him that I was "***"). In retrospect I believe the driver was attempting to provoke me into doing or saying something ***. However I took the high road and left without really saying what I thought of his conduct. The final nail in the coffin came when I lodged a complaint against the driver. I called their customer service line and after about 30 minutes on hold, I finally reached a customer service rep. I explained the situation, then when I got to the part about the insults I heard the rep chuckle slightly, as if this was supposed to be funny. At this point I should have requested the supervisor, but I neglected this. In the end, all I got was a form letter. They couldn't even give me a lousy coupon or voucher. They know they have essentially no competition, why bother treating the customer well? I will never ride Greyhound again, especially since I found an alternate bus line between the two cities I frequent. This line is not affiliated with Greyhound and has clean modern buses, courteous drivers and passengers that don't look and act like hoodlums.

Here are my experiences on Greyhound:

I myself have never had a problem with a greyhound driver, but then again I generally follow their rules, don't ask them to go against safety regulations just because they do not "Work for me" as some people do.

The people I have seen on Greyhound that have problems are usually offensive to other riders, have a disregard for civil manners, or have terrible hygiene habits.

Problem passenger - The mom who brings her 4 small children on a Greyhound for a cross country ride but does not ensure that she has brought proper snacks, quiet entertainment, and good parenting skills with her. I am sure she has problems in many other civil environments.

Problem passenger - The ghetto king who seems to be moving to a song that no one but him can hear as he joins in on chorus as he sings "I B Doin' Da Nasty with Da *** From Da Show", or *** You And *** Her Too", or Face Down And *** Up Thats The Way I Like Too *** Ghee, I can't for the life of me figure why the driver had a problem with this guy.

Problem passenger - Old man who looked and smelled like he had not bathed in months. Wearing ONLY bib overalls with buttons missing from the crotch giving everyone within eye shot a view of Mr. Winky. I don't care if you are poor, you still need to be considerate of the public and clean up before putting yourself in a confined space with dozens of other people.

Please be considerate and think about how you will be effecting others with your behavior, attitude, and preparations.

#219854

I have an IP tracer and I am wondering why both the posts by Dubfan, the letter and the post by "well" show up on the same IP address? :?

#219852

This person was caught on his lies. He claimed he was kicked off the bus.

Then he claimed that the bus driver drove recklessly to get the driver in trouble. When pointed out that he could not have known that the bus driver was driving recklessly since he was not on the bus he pretended he was being impostered. We have many like him who when proven wrong deny posting. Why would someone go out of their way to get the driver fired.

Because not stopping at railroad signs, and running red lights is grounds for getting fired. The person making this letter was trying to get the driver fired but failed to do so when his facts did not add up.

yes greyhound employs habitual liars to lie to the passengers so they can scam old ladies out of their travel money sad day for greyhound

If you look at the grammar and spelling of the original poster, and then at the same qualities of the "Dubfan" on 20-11-2010 at 00:46, you will see distinct differences. I suspect that was, indeed, an impostor, though I don't know why someone would do that.

Why would someone post the comment about the driver running a red light and all that to make the driver look bad. It is you not them who had an issue with the driver.

Now that you were caught on your lies you are claiming it was an imposter. Either way you are obviously lying about the policy.

They always had a policy that you needed a ticket before you boarded the bus.

You were lying by saying they allowed you to buy the ticket on the bus. Just do the adult thing and admit that you did not have time to buy the ticket and were hoping to buy it on the bus before it left.

"Wait a minute", that comment was not written by the actual author of this post. That "Dubfan" is an imposter.

I thought you said that the bus driver refused to allow you on the bus and you left the bus. How could you have known that he ran red lights and did not stop at railroad crossings if you were not on the bus?

Frankly I don't believe a word of this story. You can't keep your story straight and are just trying to get him in trouble for following policy.

Further more when he was taking me from point A to point B. He ran a red light, he was speeding a few times I thought he would get into an accident and he did not stop at railway crossings.

View more comments (9)
ID
#208045 Review #208045 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Slidell, Louisiana
Greyhound Bus Service

Greyhound has frustrated efforts to settle lost items claims and engaged in retalliation

I traveled from Ny. to Tx. for my fathers funeral on greyhound coach and was treated poorly by staff. After I filed a complaint the next driver took myself and another off the bus to give us a warning as if we were terrorists. On the return trtip I filed another complaint when I was left in Missippi because no announcement was made of departure.When I reached my destination in Ny. I discover that my luggage is missing. Filed a claim and a month later, my luggage was returned with items missing.I have made numerous calls attempting to get compensated for the stolen items,this effort has been frustated at best.

Actually an announcement was made by the for departure I was just so depressed that I did not hear it. Also now that I look at it I was so overcome by grief that I was rude and agressive.

ID
#206898 Review #206898 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Middletown, New York
Greyhound Bus Service

Greyhound bus line is not wanting to take responsibilty for their actions

Update by user Mar 22, 2011

greyhound stepped up to plate after i got back from my trip i submitted a letter to greyhound and they responded back after 6 weeks refunded more then 60 dollars. thanks ceo offices of greyhound for handling my complaint

Original review posted by user Nov 02, 2010
greyhound bus lines was pd bus fare in advance to get my kids from flint michigan at 3:45pm on oct27 to arrive in atlanta georgia at approximately 10:10am on thursday oct 28 so they could go to his brothers graduation ceremony they charged me an extra 18 dollars because it was my card that pd for their trip instead of leaving at 3:45pm they was not able to load up til 4:45pm they were stuck waiting for on the bus till 5:45pm before they got on the road their bus had to go pick up passengers from another bus take them back to flint bus station they got to detroit mi about 7:30 which caused them to miss their bus there they were issued new schedule that had a leave time of 10:30pm out of detroit to atlanta also time of arrival to atlanta ga would approximately be 5:40pm on oct 28 his brothers graduation was at 1:30pm oct 28 i will never again suggest greyhound for transportation i have been given the run around about the whole thing

Do you really believe all these excuses that Greyhound comes up with when a problem arises?These are just stories because they are juggling drivers and not enough busses. Just sell tickets and do what you can do to get the passengers on the road.

It is the same same story all over America in all business.

The guys at the top are making obscene amounts of money while using us regular folks to do their dirty work. WAKE UP AMERICA!

Egypt
#208942

:( well back to explaining my situation with greyhond they told me that my son had to complete his trip before they could do anything about my sons situation they say they can only give me 60 dollars back because he completed his trip someone from greyhound needs to step up an take notice about how their buisiness is run I have left several messages with their executive office they don't want to return phone calls they take from lessvfortianate people that try to make a go of our ecconomy what ever happened to the customer is right policy

#207053

i do understand that busses break down in this particular instance the bus they went to pick up passengers ran out of gas i feel its the ignorance of the bus driver from that bus how can they not see fuel gage

#207009

Greyhound Buses do break down just like cars do.The Bus driver of the bus your kids were on was ordered to stop and help the broken down bus.Greyhound does take responsibillty if they are at fault.

ID
#205360 Review #205360 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Norcross, Georgia
Loss
I bought my son a ticket i made it non refundable so he could not return it he missed his 1 st bus so i called they said when he left he could change ticket for a 15.00 dollar fee when he leaves so a couple days later my son was gonna leave on the last bus leaving...

I love greyhound :p

View more comments
ID
#204681 Review #204681 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Wichita, Kansas

Greyhound sucks alot

Im sitting here its 11pm waiting for my girl to arrive from laredo she got a ticket for a grayhound bus that suppose to depart at 2pm but they cancel and said she need to take the one at 7pm she went back at that time and they did again now she is taking another bus line and she will be arriving at 4am the worst they dont give any explanation and they didnt want to change her ticket to another location so i could go an pick her up, their services is so bas starting at the front desk like if they give you the service for free

Tasha,

Your comment"

3. Written by Tasha on October 26, 2010 From Toronto, Ontario, CA

In most countries education is free. I suggest you go back to school and work on your English. Becase with the spelling and grammar errors this looks like it was written by a nine year old."

FAIL. You didn't flow your sentence properly and you misspelled "Because". Just because Canada has free education doesn't mean it's good as seen here.

#205934

greyhound sucks

#205932

greyhound is a joke if you liked sardine accommodations and wacky tobacco air freshener then by all means this rides for you and good luck getting to your destination on time .

#204187

ID
#204252 Review #204252 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Houston, Texas
Loss

Belittled people intimadated people thertend me

miles standish im from colorado springs colorado.I went from co. spgs. Co. to Jacksonville No. Carolina to see my 5 grandchildren an my first daughter. I had not been on a Greyhound bus seance I got out of veitnam in 1973 ,now Ill never ride one again.I just retiered after working for 37 years in the glass feild. I was polite an nice to people my hole life. You on the other hand an your employees enjoy making people feel afraid,intimadated,scaired,steep out of line an bingo your walking. Just but people off,yell at people,one of your drivers called me a dog' Im 55 years old,in my6 life Ive nevere felt more uncofterable travleing.

Greyhound sucks , they have rock bottom prices because they suck ! It is where evil dwells .Don't ride substandard transportation

Bob

OK.....what do you expect for the rock bottom price you pay for a bus ticket. If you don't like the service at any company, send a letter to the president.

Be specific on details...ticket number and names of people to whom you spoke and what they said. You can also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau; just be specific with the wording, don't curse and spell check your work Best of luck.

#209666

Greyhound is rabidly anti-ccw, and they are more restrictive than the airlines on what you can have both in carry on and checked baggage. I didn't know how restrictive, and after I found out asked for a refund.

They refused. The guy I talked to spoke terrible English, and was about as rude a service rep as I've ever encountered.

I suspect he isn't even in this country. I'd hitchhike with luggage before I'd take another Greyhound.

#205930

yeah greyhound has a problem with customer service, with people who have a brain and bathe , but hey look on the bright side if your crazy or insane drunk or on something they treat you very well they never make them walk oh did i mention thats usually the drivers.

ID
#203633 Review #203633 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Greyhound is the WORSE!!!!!!!

I traveled on greyhound 8/2010 and the service was the worst. I wrote an email to the refunds department immediately. I did not hear from them unitl 2 wks ago. They stated that I would receive a refund, however, I called the number provided and you can never get through. The phone just rings or goes to voicemail. It does not even say the company's name on the voice mail. Then I called the corporate office some one did answer and transferredd me to the refunds dept. Once again no one answered. I was on hold for 25 mins. I called back and explained the problem at the Corporate office and the woman was rude. I pray I never have to use greyhound again. If it was announced on the news that greyhound was closing their doors for good I would say "Peace out!!!"
#209070

I totally agree with you on this buisiness I just sent a letter out to greyhound to the ce o of the company lol if they pay attention to it

#206567

Yeah greyhound is well know for passing the buck they are experts at phone tag they usually win every time. In between their daydreaming sessions

View more comments (1)
ID
#202319 Review #202319 is a subjective opinion of poster.
New York, New York
Loss

If your young, you must be a violent drunk.

I will never travel again aboard a Greyhound bus. Known for catering to all walks of life, even the lowly drunk is safe to travel on greyhound. Except if you are young and wearing a sideway baseball cap. While boarding the bus in Sault Ste Marie ONT, I was asked by the already agitated bus driver whether I had been drinking. After politely informing him I had consumed 1 beer more than an hour prior, (to help me fall asleep) he told me that me and my travel mates were not allowed on the bus. Even as we spoke two other HIGHLY intoxicated passengers exited the bus to smoke, and quickly re-entered the bus. Because of this we were forced to stay in town for a furthur 12 hours, our scheduled work in the next city was cut short. When asked why we were being treated this way, the bus driver told me, again aggressively that he "Can do what he wants". So again, if your homeless and drunk you can travel, but if you happen to wear a hat that insults the driver then you dont count. Thanks greyhound, now im just another passenger that will only spread bad words about your failing company.
ID
#199484 Review #199484 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Sault Sainte Marie, Ontario