Show reviews that mention
bus service ticket customer service driver customer people station bus driver trip
Filter review

Thieves among other things...

I have had NOTHING but aweful experiences with greyhound. I was harassed by security accusing me of being on drugs because I was shaking slightly due to drinking large amounts of coffee and the fact that i had raced to the station and almost missed my bus. A friend of mine once fell asleep on her bus and missed her stop. when she asked the driver what she should do, his answer was to stop immediately and kick her off in the POURING rain under an overpass. Buying tickets online with them is a real treat. I attempted to purchase a ticket online for a trip i was taking however once i completed everything, I was given a message saying my transaction didn't go through because "blah blah blah our website SUCKS" so i did it over the phone. when i returned from my trip I looked at my visa bill and had been charged for my ticket (80$) but there was also another charge from greyhound for 75$. A MONTH it took of calling greyhound customer service every two days being told to call back until finally they told me that transaction didn't exist. called my bank, they give me reference numbers for the transactions to give them to track. i call greyhound, attempt to give them the reference numbers and "NOPE THAT TRANSACTION NEVER HAPPENED DOESN'T MATTER THAT YOU HAVE REFERENCE NUMBERS IT NEVER HAPPENED". so i called my bank back, they informed me this happens ALOT with greyhound and had to put them under investigation and essentially force them to give me my money back. I had another issue with them yesterday that involves me wasting 200$ but that was partially my fault, however I feel they did an extremely poor job of assisting me with the problem. In summary, greyhound sucks, i'm offically boycotting them and will gladly walk or take a plane over using their services any day.
ID
#197935 Review #197935 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Calgary, Alberta

Greyhound Bus Fire on I-70 8-23-2010

I started a Facebook group page called, "I Survived a Greyhound Bus Fire!" I hope anyone who finds this review who was on my bus or any other Greyhound bus that caught fire will join. We need to talk to each other. At approximately 3AM on August 23, 2010, a Greyhound bus carrying 44 passengers from Columbus to Pittsburgh went up in flames within a couple of minutes after pulling over on I-70 in West Virginia and was completely destroyed. Luckily, all of the passengers escaped, but without their belongings. We all watched in horror as the bus was encased in a giant orange ball of flames just after we exited. As the bus driver stated, "Thank God there were no people on that bus who couldn't get off quickly!" Everyone at the scene was great: the bus driver, the emergency response, and the DOT driver who drove our replacement school bus for the remainder of the trip. Here is the problem: Greyhound as a whole has been uncoordinated, unhelpful, and uncaring in the aftermath of what was a pretty traumatic event. The first clue was that the bus driver could not get anyone to answer the phone at the Pittsburgh station that was our destination for about 45 minutes. Then we were told that we would be getting information about what to do next once we reached the station. That did not happen. The lost-looking people at the station had a stack of complaint forms for us to fill out with a hand-written number on it for us to call for customer service. Each passenger individually has had to call the number, find out that there are forms to fill out, etc. Worse, the office personnel at the "main customer service" number in Dallas were unaware of the event until about 2 or 3 days afterward because other passengers had been calling with the same questions. For a week, no one could tell me where my stuff was or where the bus itself had been taken. Then I was told it was in Richmond, VA, but no ideas where it would go from there. Two weeks later, I haven't heard anything about whether any of my luggage was salvaged, because immediately after the fire, we had been told that some things may have been salvageable. In the meantime, there is no central contact to call, no central person on this case -- only people telling us to fill out forms at our local Greyhound station. We are entitled to $250 compensation and *** treatment. It's a strange feeling, like being pushed out to sea in a tiny raft built for one. There were tourists from abroad on that bus, people who have varying degrees of literacy in English, people who have varying degrees of tolerance for self-advocacy after a disturbing event. I cannot believe that in this day and age, in this country, that we don't have the expectation and the capacity to do what it takes to treat paying passengers well. For a primary interstate and international transportation service provider to have absolutely no emergency preparedness plan that I could detect during this incident is puzzling to say the least, and actually it's embarrassing and horrifying to have witnessed. I believe that Greyhound has an obligation to make sure that there is an emergency plan in place, including a central case manager to oversee the process once an event is known to have occurred. Each passenger should be contacted to ensure that they have gotten the information and care they need. If passengers call, their questions should be answered by that central case manager. This isn't that hard to do. I am pissed. I am a federal employee and I teach people with disabilities how to use public transportation. I cannot, at this point, feel confident telling people to take Greyhound. In fact, I feel obligated to actively discourage it on a large scale. I appreciate having had this opportunity to share my story. Thank you.
#197226

Thank you so much for this post!! I am from Columbus and have been riding Greyhound (mostly due to my working class status) all my life--I used to ride it from Columbus to Detroit to go to the dentist on my own when I was 10, sitting right up by the driver...I think their policies on unaccompanied children have changed since then.

But I am saddened by the way people are herded and treated there, regardless of class, in a service situation that for so many of is is the only option in long-distance travel aside from personal transport by car. I actually found this site because my recent trip across the west on the bus involved 3 bus breakdowns where the driver himself was left stranded because they couldn't get a replacement driver on the phone, another man had a seizure and fell down in the aisle right at the exit of the bus, and even though I was yelling that he needed medical attention it took waaayyy too long for this other driver to respond or call for medics. Plus there were 4 (count 'em, 4) near-fights, one of which I got involved in because two passengers near me were cussing and threatening each other and the driver was remaining silent the whole time.

Not that I think it's always the driver's fault.

The employees are often treated no better than the customers. But I can only read your sad story and nod my head in recognition.

The whole enterprise is BIZARRE. It doesn't take much common sense to know how to manage certain business operations, but it does take people with training to handle others under stress, and Greyhound should either address it immediately or go out of business and let people who care step in and offer alternatives that work.

#191219

I appreciate the information. I also would like to believe that there could be a reasonable explanation for the behavior.

It seems outlandish that an American company could have treated paying customers so poorly by design. But the more I'm learning - and I am learning more - the more I'm convinced that this company is simply dishonest.

#190618

I was not on the bus THANK GOD!! I'm sorry you all went thru that.

I will be more studious about how to exit a bus. I don't know it this will help info. wise but I was trying to reach Greyhound around this time and finally after 2 days found out there was a flood in Dallas and the computers in the basement were affected.

Not too relevent but it might play into your deal. Debra Dean Amarillo TX

View more comments (2)
ID
#197286 Review #197286 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Greyhound

Don't ride the Lucky Streak to Atlantic City. Apparently they don't care when you get there (our bus was late) or if you get there (we weren't allowed on the bus because supposedly there were not enough seats) then they lie to you and tell you another bus is coming in five to ten minutes (in reality 35 minutes) customer service reps are useless they all look like they'd rather be having root canal then be at work, bus driver got mad at one lady than started yelling at everyone on bus, air conditioning on buses doesn't always work (last bus we were on was so hot I thought the driver had mistakenly turned on the heat) altogether it is an unpleasant experience.
ID
#196359 Review #196359 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I;Never Ever Will Travel With Greyhound Again

I should have listen to my gut and traveled with Amtrak. I was taking my daughter from Richmond, VA to South Carolina to visit her great grandmother for the summer. The bus departure was 1:30am, we arrived 12:30am. The line was extremely long at the gate. The bus left early at 1:00am and the line was still long. They had overbooked. We were told that they would have to call drivers at home to come to work. They were all rude and unapologetic. We finally got on the 2nd bus 2 hrs. late. Needless to say, I miss my transfer in Charlotte, and had to wait over 4 hrs., same thing occurred while returning home. All they want is your money but don't want to deliver good service.
ID
#193222 Review #193222 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Richmond, Virginia

Greyhound: Finest in Racism and Customer Service

A little over a week ago I took a bus trip from California to Texas for a family gathering. I typically prefer to fly, but when rates are a bit high I'm generally not above driving myself or taking public transportation. This may have been a mistake this time around. I witnessed what I can only describe as a racially charged incident between the Hispanic driver, an Hispanic security guard, and an African American passenger. I'd ridden on the bus with the black man and his two young daughters from Claremont to Phoenix with no incident. At around 3 AM following our wonderfully timed layover, we reboarded. Shortly thereafter a Hispanic security guard approached him and asked him if his bag was placed above him. The man calmly said yes, and the security guard took his bag without explanation. When the passenger asked for the reasoning behind the removal of his bag, he was told to sit down because he was "being rude." The security guard was gruff. I realize that you have the legal right to search our stuff when we board, but he treated this man poorly and scared his 3 and 5 year old girls. Then the security guard walks off the bus and the Hispanic bus driver gets on and proceeds to start verbally accosting the man, and then accuses him of being both drunk and rude. The man replies that his mother died from alcohol abuse, and even if she hadn't, he wouldn't be drinking around his two young daughters. The bus driver continues to argue with him and call him rude, and then steps off the bus. The security guard gets back on and calls the cops on his cell phone. The passenger's 3 year old starts to weep and the 5 year old holds her closely to comfort her. After talking to the man briefly (I mentioned that by purchasing a ticket, we give them the right to search our stuff, even unfairly, and that If felt they were trying to provoke him him), and I could attest personally that the man did not smell like alcohol. He finally leaves the bus to avoid getting arrested before his children. I met him at the next stop in El Paso (my bus arrived late on top of all of that) as he was permitted to board another bus. There was nothing found in the search and the police had no reason to arrest him. I was so upset by the incident that I did not use my return ticket. My family flew me back from Texas at the last minute so that I wouldn't have to endure another exhausting trip in which customers are treated as inconveniences at best. My family often frequents this route to visit me, and this is not the first time an incident like this has occurred. My mother nearly got kicked off of the bus for trying defend a lady of Indian descent and her children from similar harassment.
#198457

what is racism

#197920

hey greyhound is great if you dont mind a 9 hour layover or *** service and what does bad grammar have to do with *** service from a so called company

@Tasha

I can type out my credentials, explain my ethnicity or talk at length about how who or what I am, but rather, I prefer to ask why you're so intent about flaming a consumer in defense of Greyhound? It's odd that you're trolling the internet for somebody to slam and you've picked this venue of all places.

I can't imagine that Greyhound would be dumb enough to hire you in any official capacity, but perhaps I'm giving them too much credit. Congratulations on your ability to type; I'd imagine it would hurt after dragging your knuckles on the ground all day.

What an awful experience!

Compounded by some awful comments. I hope Tasha isn't too disappointed that no one is willing to enter a flame war.

Wow, greyhound just cancelled my bus so I was lookig through complaints for a bit of solidarity with the world. Upon reading the above "response" I actually laughed out loud.

I'm white, from Oregon, birthplace of the KKK and still a stronghold of racism and prejudice, but you dear responder are one of the best examples of extreme ignorance I've ever read. I too the time to type this on my iPhone with a painfully small touch screen because someone needed to call you a *** nutjob, and no one else did it yet.

You're crazy as ***. Calm down and learn to love your fellow human.

I bet you are black yourself. You people cry racism at the drop of a hat.

Someone does not serve you first despite the fact that someone else was before you "racism. Someone accidently short changes you "racism' We are not ***, obviously that man that was being "harassed" was your husband. You know so much about his girls including how old they are. Obviously your husband was doing something wrong and you are angry that they arrested him.

You are pretending you don't know this man and I can see why, but for someone you don't know you seem very angry about what happened to them. Come on admit it he was your husband and he was being rude. Race had nothing to do with it. Perhaps if your mother minded her own business they would not have been mean to her.

You and your family obviously like to cause scenes and protect the criminal. How do you know the mother was not doing anything wrong.

View more comments (5)
ID
#192826 Review #192826 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Los Angeles, California
Loss

They switched our bus and lost my luggage

On July 28th my fiance and I took a greyhound bus from Colorado Springs Co. to Branson Mo. when we got to Denver Co. they told us the bus we were suppose to take was over croweded so we would have to wait for the ohter bus which would be there in 20 min. well 20 min. turned into two hours which made the bus 110 min. late now they had already put our luggage on the first bus and were told it would be at our final destination. when we got to Kansas City Mo. we were told that we missed our bus to Branson Mo. because the bus was late then they told us the bus only leaves once a day to Branson and we would have to wait until the following day to leave so I called a cab co. which costed 200.00 to leave that day by the time we got to Branson our luggage was not there. Our luggage should have been there. Now we have no clothes and were told we have to wait 30 days for our belongings. No More Greyhounds for us

Post a lost listing at http://www.lostandfound.com/greyhound

I got to my destination and there was no suit case. so a driver told me to go to customer service.

so i did. and this guy told me that i have to wait 1 day or 2. so after 12 hours later i called them over if they have found one and they said no. and called them again after 3 or 4 hours later if they have found one and this person said "it's not even been 24 hours.

we will call you back if we get it." and i said "but when if you guys lost it?" and he said "I said, it's not even been 24 hours yet. try to call tmr. okay?" and hung up the phone.

ruuuuddddddddddeeeeeee all my clothes were in there. i don't have any clothes anymore........

hellow my name is abel rocha my lady was travaling from san ysidro to backer fill but the bus stop at san diego grey hound staytion to siwcht buses but u r employe was asking every body for ther tikis and heb ask my lady for hers and kept her comformation number so when she arive at backer fill her luggage was gone wicht she put a complain form in backer fill to greyhound insurance in dallas,texa they said it takes about 90days for u guys to respond but u guys never call my lady back or sent a latter to the corent adress in bakers fill but my lady just move to san diego it been 6 month and u guys have done anything thers any way u guys could email me back and tell us what to do p.l.s thank you bery much

#198462

The only way you come out ahead on greyhound is if your are learned in the art of camping so make sure you have a tent and some water because you will be camping :eek

I took the Greyhound from PA to MI and back again. My advice is make sure you know where your luggage is at all times- if you're alert and smart about keeping your belongings with you and watching the driver or helper load your stuff, you will have no problems riding the Greyhound.

Although you will meet some interesting/crazy as *** people, but it's part of the experience. :)

View more comments (4)
ID
#192361 Review #192361 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Harrison, Arkansas
Greyhound Bus Service
Greyhound. The worst way to travel.Talk about low class people.Too many bums and transients that smell like they havent showered in days.I will hitchhike before I ever ride the greyhound again.The drivers have attitudes.Personally,I hope they go bankrupt and shut...

The reason you don't see many of these low-lifes on the Amtrak is because they can't panhandle fellow passengers at rest stops for cigarettes and food and money. I prefer to sit by the driver, because all the *** sit in the back.

Then again, I haven't done Greyhound in over 5 years and will never again.

You do indeed get a better class of people on the plane and train, and I don't mean low-income people are ***, because, hey, I'm low-income. I'm talking about those who stink and panhandle the riders.

View more comments
ID
#190515 Review #190515 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bellevue, Washington

Greyhound is worthless!

My boyfriend and I live 8 hours apart and traveling expenses are high, especially in this economy. Neither of us have used Greyhound, or any bus for that matter, before. Since the tickets were cheap and it would come to where I'm at we chose to use it. We knew they weren't the best but we didn't know that it was this awful! He had to wait over an hour for the bus to arrive at his station and the bus was overly packed. He has now missed his connecting bus halfway through the trip and has to wait 2 more hours for the next bus and will get here a little over 3 hours after what was planned. I have been trying to contact the station (which is in Dallas, TX and where the headquarters are) and they WILL NOT answer. I have tried contacting corporate and customer service and they won't answer because it's not Monday-Friday business hours. -Greyhound needs people who know about customer service and will answer the phones. I understand if they're busy and can't assist me now but at least put me on hold. (I say this because I have been working in hotels for 2 1/2 years and know how to handle situations like this.) -They also need to be more prompt. I've read several reviews of their buses being late and people missing their connecting bus. -A 24/7 customer service would be very beneficial because they run buses while the offices are closed and if there is an issue the customer has to then be inconvenienced and wait several days to speak to someone about the issue. The only other way to contact them is by sending a letter and who knows if they even read the letters they receive?? Luckily he only bought a one-way ticket and we will be buying a plane ticket for his return trip home. This is absolutely ridiculous. Wish we had known how awful it really was because then he could have had the luxury of driving his truck (sucks the gas and at $2.50 a gallon is not a very cost efficient form of travel) OR we would have bought at plane ticket. By doing option two he would have been able to sleep in (bus was supposed to leave at 4:55am) and would only have a 2 hour plane ride rather than, at this rate, a 15 hour bus ride.

Greyhound is not worth the money

Tallahassee, Florida

Caveman Transportation

This is the worst American Company I have ever delt with. My sister had a 2:55PM ticket to WPB Fl. We arrived at 2:20 PM and were told the bus is running 1 hr.late. We went out for coffee and called the office at 3:17 and were told the bus is still 1 hr. late. We came back at 3:30 PM and sat on the lot until 4:00 PM. At that time we went in the office and was told the bus left at 3:25 and we had to pay another $15 for another ticket. This company SUCKS !!! and I hope it goes under real soon. Ron
Leesburg, Florida
Greyhound Bus Service

This is a corporation that operates 24/7..

So why is it that if their consumers have problems you cannot contact them through customer service on Saturday & Sunday. To the logical it would seem that most of greyhounds customers probably travel on or around a weekend, you would think that a company who actually cared about its customer service rating with said consumers would make sure that if problems arose they would have CSR available during that time. Even the largest & smallest Corps have CSR in place to handle inbound calls on weekends. They want to tout about how they've been around since 1917 but you have yet to grasp the concept of keeping your consumer base happy. Or maybe you dont care that they are happy because I am sure as your business model indicates, those travelling using Greyhound are at or near the bottom of the economic class. So, they have to just deal with it. *** service = *** numbers, which you had last year in 2009. You're numbers drop when your performance rating drops. Customer are tired of being treated like bottom rung. I can make one assertion specifically on my end..I WILL NEVER use Greyhound bus again. I will pay the extra money to fly or find another way..any way is better than supporting a company that only looks at me as another drop in the bucket. I encourage ALL others to do the same. Go out and look for their competitors and spend your money there. I believe CoachUSA is a brand beginning to pick up more locations throughout the US. Drop this dead dog and look for businesses who service not only their needs but yours as well.
Cornelius, North Carolina
Loss

NEVER TRAVEL BY GREYHOUND PERIOD!

My family and I travel by greyhound every year to visit each other in other provinces but my recent experience with greyhound was despicable! My sister, brother-in-law and niece were returning to Saskatchewan that day, and I had paid for their trip with my credit card, which I've done many times before. I was unaware that I needed to bring my ID; I assumed that those only travelling required ID. I admitted it was my fault and politely told them I forgot it at home and in return they treated us like we committed some kind of crime. Not only were their behaviour rude and hostile towards us but they even embarrassed my entire family by calling security on us when we had done absolutely nothing to them. First of all if I paid, I should not by any means be treated like a criminal! After my farewell to my family, my younger sister and I decided to ask the name of the lady that was apparently helping us. Rather than assisting us the man yelled at us and denied giving me the name. He even demanded ID from my sister when she had absolutely nothing to do with any of this whatsoever. He then went on falsely accusing my family of taking unpaid luggage. This caused a confrontation and he called security once again, but this time they had more than 5 securities on us for absolutely nothing! After a long while a nice gentleman named Hamid came and told us if we had any complaints, to take it to customer service. I am appalled that the other man couldn't have just told us politely to go to customer service for complaints rather than continuously insulting us. It was ridiculous and as of that day my family and I will no longer be travelling by greyhound. Greyhound just lost 8 loyal customers but we thank you for opening our eyes and proving us with an unforgettable experience!
#197923

greyhound sucks

New Westminster, British Columbia

Greyhound Discriminates Against The Autistic

I've ridden Greyhound now twice, from Illinois to my Lyme doctor in Columbia, Missouri. I made an adventure of it the first time, despite the puke, the high guy being put off mid route, the prisoners, and having to sit in the aisle for two hours with a softly crying cancer patient; they'd oversold, neither of us had seats, and he was in pain. My trip out this time was flawless, but I've got time to write this because I'm stranded in St. Louis, and it's one of those days where I'm really tired of the discrimination that gets directed at the autistic. We boarded in Columbia, me and a dozen prisoners who'd just been paroled. They and the corrections officers were milling around, everybody smoking and waiting. They have a prison uniform - an odd sort of tan pants, very sturdy, and white t-shirts. This would be my fourth Greyhound ride and every single time a good quarter of the passengers have been of this type. I've taken to chatting them up - every other one seems to need to phone home to let them know they're coming and I don't mind sharing my unlimited plan. This trip I met Antonio, a young black man who's home is St. Louis. We talked a bit before hand, him ready to get home and get on with the business of finding a job, me just ready to be home. I immersed myself in a good book and scarcely noticed the three hour run. As we were pulling up the driver announced my next bus and I could swear I heard a 1:20 departure time. I went inside and made my way to the end of the ten bay concourse where the cullinary delight of the Arch City Deli awaited. It's good for most - a combined KFC/Pizza Hut, but that doesn't fly for me since I have the gluten intolerance common to autistic adults. Luckily there are very good chef's salads available as well. Antonio found me and shyly asked if he could use my phone to call his mother. I agreed and he went back and forth between my seat and the deli area, making a couple of calls while collecting something to eat of his own. 1:10 came around and I joined the line for gate 8 - the place the inbound driver had announced as our departure point. I got to the very front of the line, handed my bag to the porter, and he said "This one goes to Effingham. Your bus is already gone." My bus had departed at 1:00 - my bad for not double checking the ticket, but what happened next is a grevious display of poor character on the part of the Greyhound employees here. I knew there was an Amtrak stop in Effingham - I'd take a different route but end up at home at the same time. I scooted down the concourse to see if I could get my ticket changed in time. Bea at the counter had someone else and wasn't even willing to talk to me until she'd finished processing that passenger. Keep in mind there were fewer than ten people behind me, so that bus was about to go. I was on the phone with Spedwybabs, who confirmed that the Illini did indeed stop in Effingham on its evening run north to Chicago. Bea finally had a moment for me and said "Just go and get on." I raced down the concourse, presented my ticket to the driver, and she told me I had to have the actual destination on my ticket. One more time I go running back down the concourse in order to get the change made. Bea scribbled Effingham on the ticket and I went running back down the concourse. The bus had already boarded, so I tapped on the door, and handed the driver my ticket. Nope, not sufficient - "Someone is going to need to initial this." Back down the concourse I go, and this time Bea had five people in line. I raised my voice a bit to attrack her attention, asking who could initial my ticket. "You do NOT need to be so rude. Someone will meet you at the gate." Starting to get the sense that this is some sort of game? I was, and the offensive antics continued. I ran down the concourse again and the driver was waiting, this time with a fellow named Kenny in a yellow vest. Kenny initialed the ticket, and then the driver spent two minutes basically yelling at me. Then she stopped and looked intently at my face. Let's keep in mind I'm an autistic adult - just a mild case of Asperger's, but my ability to make eye contact is sketchy when I'm calm, and when I've been running and someone has just spent time yelling at me? I asked in what I thought was a polite fashion if we were going to go now. She said "You're not going on my bus." And that was that. So, to review, chronically ill adult returning from specialist visit, honest mistake on bus boarding largely due to helping someone else, not at all neurotypical which means I can be taken for being drugged or mentally ill. I've been jerked around by the gate agent in cooperation with the driver, yelled at by the driver while the station manager looked on, and then stuck here, with the apparent cause being the fact that my reaction to being harrassed and yelled at is visibly different from neurotypical folk. That is straight up discrimination by Greyhound. I'm used to discrimination as an autistic adult - I'm different, I know I'm different, and I have the career, employment, and relationships dictated by this. I've mostly isolated myself from this sort of conduct, but this is a situation I simply could not avoid. Yes, I called their customer service line. The best they could offer was the 6:20 bus going to same direction, but the same gamey gate agent is still sitting out there, waiting to mishandling my transportation needs again. How do I get home?
Houston, Texas
Greyhound Bus Service

Steera combo WON'T buy my loyalty back

I have been a faithful Greyhound passenger for the past 6 years, including many more other members of my family. But to my great disappointment the service was incredibly horrible and to say the least appalling. I had booked the 09:10 bus that was departing from PTA. When we got to JHB your employees were not effective in assisting us on where to go to get on the next bus, this proved to be another struggle as passengers were running around from bus to bus, being referred to various personnel. We finally departed from JHB at about 12pm. As if the above mentioned was not enough, the bus we were travelling in had clearly not been serviced and kept getting stuck at various stop signs. So eventually the bus driver stops the bus and calls for another bus, 2 hours later when the patient and very tolerant passengers asked what the hold up was we were informed that a mechanic was on his way. Another 2 hours later, no mechanic. And after waiting for 4 and a half to 4 hours the mechanic shows up only to tell us that we can travel in that bus. So now we had to wait for ANOTHER hour or so for the bus. As if the above mentioned wasn't tortuous enough, the bus driver stops to tell us the wipers are not working and because he knew he would be changing shifts with the other bus going the other way, he yells at us from the front and says "you people are always complaining". I find this completely unacceptable as the passengers in that bus are paying passengers and we had been very patient with him until that time. To my knowledge, that bus driver's name is Mishack. I have never felt so ill-treated for something I was paying for in my life, only to be "˜bribed' with a food parcel at Montrose after spending 12 full hors without any food because of your lack of good service and possible incompetence as I believe that bus would not have given us problems if it had been thoroughly serviced. We were meant to arrive in Durban at 19:10, but we arrived at midnight. I am GREATLY disappointed In your service delivery and the fact that your personnel promised 2 passengers that were supposed to board the bus at Montrose, that they would call them when the bus was coming near Montrose, the other passenger was left by the bus, because YOUR STAFF DID NOT CALL BACK. You have, from that Day lost my loyalty and various other customers, including the rest of my family, because on that day 31 March 2010 on the bus from JHD to DBN you did not live up to you promise and reputation. Thank you,
Durban, Kwazulu-Natal

Warning for Greyhound passengers in Madison, WI

Just a warning to anyone boarding or deboarding Greyhound in Madison, WI. The stop was moved last week; the address given online in eastern Madison is no longer valid. The new stop is at the intersection of Washington and Baldwin, several blocks NE of the State Capitol Building. It does not have a building or even a sign. It is outside of the Metro Technology Center (or something to that effect). Greyhound will not notify you of the recent change; on recent arrival in Madison no one getting off could be picked up until we called the people waiting for us at the old stop across the city. Had we not called, the people trying to catch a bus at that location would have been screwed- there was no update info or anything. Just something to know about beforehand. Other than that all Greyhound service on that trip excellent.

I recently went online to see the cost of a ticket to Indpls. It is ridiculous knowing the the station has closed on Bedford.

And furthermore there isn't a place where tickets can be purchased and passengers may wait before boarding the greyhound. This is moreso a diservice to the customers themselves, b/c if there weren't customers the greyhound would be non-existance. Customers should keep in mind the safety angle too.

What a sad state of affairs, maybe the answer should be to boycott greyhound. I understand now at this point the location has change again without notice.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Greyhound Bus Service

I am writing in order to let you know of the misery that I have been dealing with greyhound each time I travel with them. Whether I purchase my ticket online or at a counter there seems to always be drama. The issue has been with my name tags. Each time I have to pay ten or even $20.00 for my tags to find that the bus Driver is always at the counter waiting to pick it up from my hands. And when I get off the bus grab them as soon as I step down to bring them to the office. Yesterday was a different issue with the driver Delgado Ricardo so he says his name is. My eyes got it while I was sitting down from the TV and he would not let me out of the bus when the engine had a problem. I went outside because the eye was hurting and the bus was on the road. I saw him picking out one of the tags from my bags and putting it in His pocket. Then when we got out of the other bus he made sure that he grab my other tags just before my cousin picked up the luggage for me; went inside the bus, squeezed the tag in His hand than hit the steering wheel with it. Then his comments were that's a returning custommer. That is not the firt time that has happened with Greyhoung It happened in Orlando, Ocala. One Driver called the police He was going to Georgia grabbed the tag when I was about to take my luggages, vexed me and told me who the hecked do I think I am. He told me this was to keep me stranded for life and for them to get my safety and know my whereabouts when I am traveling so they don't have to get in for bags so they can get a better life. He put the tags under his seats and travelled with them. I believed that it has been too much abused for a paying custommer and one who has not been in for trouble. Greyhound has been mystified on the way it services it travellers. I for one has been harrassed by drivers ticket counters, and passengers whom I know nothing about. Ticket counters have been color coding my ticket yellow green or orange. Drivers for the longest time have been denying me my safety by vexing my life habits to theirs and taking my name taggs and always be on my face or next to me whenever I am purchasing my tickets and so on. Unknown passengers have been bullying me by hitting my seat each time. Some of them have told me you better give me those front sseat or else. Others call me stock up if refuse to talk since I have the right and also know that my kindness mean for rudeness to take adventage of the the situation or conversation to lead to a feud. Others have put trash on my seat when I leave. They always have some rebels harassing me all the way to where I am going and have me followed when I am in town. This mess Has got to stop and I need a refund for yesterday delay. Thank you!
Springfield, Massachusetts