Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

We did not make it to our destination city.We left Columbus ohio and had a transfer in Cleveland.

When we were in line for the bus to NY from CLE we were told there was not enough room and would have to take the next bus. When we checked on the next bus's time it did not arrive to NY until 7 pm the next day! We were scheduled to come back at 315 am. There was not enough time in between when we got there and when we would have to leave.

We were also going to be taken on a completely different route through buffalo where it had been snowing like crazy! Our original route was through PA! We were supposed to get into NY at 11 am. I can understand delays, but selling tickets that you do not have seats for is unbelievable!

We were not the only ones that did not fit. There were at least 10-15 other people who were not able to fit onto the bus. We asked why this happened, and the CLE station blamed the ORD station for overbooking and told us there was nothing she could do. We asked for a refund and was told that she had no money, the station had no money, etc.

I asked her how a business can not have money when people are purchasing tickets. She didnt have an answer. She passed our problem to the CMH station, and said we would have to get our money back from the station we came from. We took the next bus back to Columbus.

After wasting 12 hours sitting in a dirty terminal with rude greyhound employees, we made it back to our hometown, asked them for a refund- and got the same answer "I don't have any money". As you can guess we were very mad and upset. We spent over $500 on tickets that were not given to us. We had purchased stuff ahead of time for our time in NY that we also lost money on!

They kicked my husband out into the cold. They refused to help us and told us that WE had to call a number. We called that number and it says "the fastest way to get a refund is to check in at the counter". We play this to the guy at the counter who told us to call, and he says "not this counter".

Well what other counter are we supposed to be getting a refund from?!! We go home. Finally get some rest, try calling Greyhound again to get this issue resolved and the manager says they cannot see our trip information for 24 hours and cannot help us. Also that they do not do refunds anyways, and the only thing she can offer is another set of tickets that we would have to shell out another $20 per person for.

Why would we want to pay another $80 to not be able to get where we wanted to go?! (There are 4 of us, my parents purchased tickets separately) And waste our time?! We do not want other tickets, we want our money back. If this does not get resolved we are hiring an attorney.

All i have read about Greyhound is how awful their service is, and I believe it.

I wish we would have read reviews before purchasing from their horrible, robbing, company.Greyhound stole our money.

Review about: Greyhound Bus Service.

Reason of review: Not as described.

I didn't like: Refund policy, Bad service, Didnt make it to destination, Rude staff.

Comments