Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

Booked a ticket online two days prior for a 1:30 PM trip. Arrived an hour early to make sure my web purchase went through correctly.

Bus arrives about 20 minutes late and there is roughly 40+ people waiting for this bus. The bus has no room for us. We have to wait for another bus that departs 2 hours after the initial scheduled time. 3:30 in the afternoon to travel from Harrisburg to Washington DC.

Arrive in DC at 7:45, missed the train I needed to connect to, next train out was 20 hours later. Had to buy a new ticket for that too. I understand mechanical breakdowns, weather and traffic but HOW THE *** DO YOU OVERBOOK A BUS! 50 seats should equal 50 tickets.

Cant fit 90 people in 50 seats. Someone really dropped the ball on this one and Customer Service will be trying to give me an explanation on Monday. This is my first experience with Greyhound and probably will be my last. I have never had to sleep in a train station before in all my 44 years and thanks to the great service, I got a sore back, neck and cost me a lot of time and an extra train ticket.

Should have took Amtrak all the way.

Product or Service Mentioned: Greyhound Bus Service.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Greyhound Pros: Bus drivers attitude.

Greyhound Cons: Not considering my travel plans.

Comments