State: Florida City: Tallahassee Product: Greyhound Bus Service Clear all filters (1 of 423 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Greyhound is worthless!

My boyfriend and I live 8 hours apart and traveling expenses are high, especially in this economy. Neither of us have used Greyhound, or any bus for that matter, before. Since the tickets were cheap and it would come to where I'm at we chose to use it. We knew they weren't the best but we didn't know that it was this awful! He had to wait over an hour for the bus to arrive at his station and the bus was overly packed. He has now missed his connecting bus halfway through the trip and has to wait 2 more hours for the next bus and will get here a little over 3 hours after what was planned. I have been trying to contact the station (which is in Dallas, TX and where the headquarters are) and they WILL NOT answer. I have tried contacting corporate and customer service and they won't answer because it's not Monday-Friday business hours. -Greyhound needs people who know about customer service and will answer the phones. I understand if they're busy and can't assist me now but at least put me on hold. (I say this because I have been working in hotels for 2 1/2 years and know how to handle situations like this.) -They also need to be more prompt. I've read several reviews of their buses being late and people missing their connecting bus. -A 24/7 customer service would be very beneficial because they run buses while the offices are closed and if there is an issue the customer has to then be inconvenienced and wait several days to speak to someone about the issue. The only other way to contact them is by sending a letter and who knows if they even read the letters they receive?? Luckily he only bought a one-way ticket and we will be buying a plane ticket for his return trip home. This is absolutely ridiculous. Wish we had known how awful it really was because then he could have had the luxury of driving his truck (sucks the gas and at $2.50 a gallon is not a very cost efficient form of travel) OR we would have bought at plane ticket. By doing option two he would have been able to sleep in (bus was supposed to leave at 4:55am) and would only have a 2 hour plane ride rather than, at this rate, a 15 hour bus ride.
Author
Tallahassee, Florida
Service
Greyhound Bus Service
Review #189940 is a subjective opinion of poster.