Product: Greyhound Customer Care Clear all filters (51 of 51 reviews match)
Review Rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Greyhound Customer Care Review

I purchased a ticket in Daytona beach fl it was suppose to be going to Texas but it wasis printed to Tenn I sent it in for a refund ask instructed i was told to allow them 7/ to 14 buisness fays to recive it back now im being told by a supervisor mrs Devo 6 to 8 weeks really
2.0

Greyhound - Customer Care Review from Spring Valley, Texas

I will never use greyhound again. I bought my son a ticket from salinas ca back to joplin mo for today. When he got to the salinas bus station it was closed so he couldnt print out his ticket. He has his id and confirmation number so the driver in salinas told him he could print it out at the next stop. I was told the same thing by the bus station here in joplin and also by the greyhound customer service line that i talked to. My son is now stranded 300 miles from where he started.in a town hes never been in....knows no one. And has to sit there all night until the station opens in the morning. Why did the first driver let him on in salinas if it was against company policy like the 2nd driver did? He could have went back to where he was staying and tried again tomorrow. But no now hes just stranded by himself in a place he doesnt know and me and his father are not only worried sick but angry as ***. I paid for that ticket and he has the confirmation email on his phone. How could that driver do that to someone?

Greyhound - Simple Review #1469066741
We are now an hour late because 3 Greyhound employees can't figure out how to work the lift. Every driver has been extremely rude as well. Never choose Greyhound ever!
1.2

Greyhound - Terrible Customer Service

Spent over an hour on hold. Requested refund - they didn't respond until 4 months later to say they denied the request. I called after getting their denial letter, they said they would mail a check and I would receive in 7 - 14 business days. 3 days short of an entire month later, no refund. I call to ask, they tell me I called a month later than I actually did and I have the phone records to prove it. Then they told me "it's in the mail" - then someone else said "no one ever requested anything for you" - so just round and round talking to numerous people with multiple people lying to me. I asked to talk to a supervisor or manager - that didn't happen. I will never use them again. This was just terrible.

Greyhound Customer Care Review from Middle Village, New York

l have used Greyhound the last 7 yrs, probably longer than the extremely rude, drunk guy who was loading my bus from DC to New York has been working for Greyhound. For starters, you shouldn't drink at your job; this guy was smelling of alcohol. He treated me with disrespect and used discriminatory language at me, the kind of language that should get him and Greyhound sued for discrimination. There are many bus options between DC abd New York. So bye Greyhound, you just lost not just a customer, but everyone I know who is considering traveling by bus.
Middle Village, New York

Greyhound - Very rude, ignorant and unknowledgable staff

Ref no 90190789. I wish i could have taken a video of this incident. I purchased my ticket way in advance and I thought I could save my ticket on my smart phone but they want paper tickets like the worst third world country. I had a little bit of time to get a printed ticket but clerk was unable to track my ticket even after showing her all the proof on my phone. She decided to help me by talking to the driver about the situation who kept YELLING on my face. and scaring my child who was with me at that time. She was yelling that I could make her lose her job yet my money is keeping her in the job.She was very very rude, loud and obnoxious. She left and did not want to look at my proof of purchase. I am stuck here in Raleigh. Customer service has promised to re issue my ticket by word of mouth. I will see later in the day. Will continue with this review after I see what will happen. My opinion. Avoid bus if you can if not be ready for the worst treatment ever in AMERICA.
1.2
I liked
  • Richmond virginia staff
I didn't like
  • Rude people
  • Rude bus driver
  • Bad service

Greyhound Customer Care Review

Bus drivers with the worst attitudes!! No concern to elderly and nasty mouth to the younger folks. Will never go Greyhound again!!

Greyhound Customer Care Review

There's a gray haired women on the ticket counter in Phoenix,az on 24th & Buckeye rd. This women is insulting, debasing, disrespectful, conniving, rude etc. Get rid of her NOW!!!

Greyhound - AWFUL service, poor response to complaint

Chat Conversation Start FEB 11TH, 7:34PM To: Greyhound Customer Service Supervisor RE: Greyhound ticket confirmation # 8138794301, schedule GLI0255 This is a complaint. I have already submitted the on-line Greyhound survey, but I decided to elaborate the details apart from the 300 word limit.in your survey form. I purchased a one-way ticket to travel from Oneonta, NY to Worcester, MA from Adirondack Trailways on 2/10/2016. I was advised that I would have to transfer to a greyhound bus in Albany, NY and that I would need to to go to the Greyhound counter when I got to Albany and they would validate the ticket for Greyhound service. When I arrived at the Albany terminal, I found the “customer service counter”, but behind the counter were large graphics that read “Peter Pan” and “Trailways”, but no mention Greyhound (unnecessarily confusing). After roaming around the terminal looking for Greyhound, I approached the original counter where the attendant quickly validated the ticket and placed it in a small folder / envelope. This customer service counter should be marked in some way for Greyhound customers (also) to minimize confusion and frustration. I was told the departure of my bus would be 1:50 p.m. with boarding 10 minutes prior to departure, gate 11. I had time, so I went to the snack bar for a coffee and muffin. The muffin was very good, but the coffee was served (self serve pump carafe) at about 90 degrees in a styro cup that leaked. I get that such things “happen”, but then I reflected on the price I paid vs the service I got…(almost $5 for a small (but good) muffin and a medium sized cold coffee in a cup that leaked). Furthermore,I had originally approached the counter behind another customer thinking the *** was parallel with the counter; another customer who arrived at the center after me queued up perpendicular to the counter, behind the first customer. The attendant took the customer that had arrived after I did …apparently the *** is perpendicular to the counter, but it was not signed in any way…again, confusing and unnecessarily annoying. Now, we’re starting to “stack negatives”, a concept any customer service pro would recognize. So with these minor negative incidents fresh in my experience, I began to notice other details that annoy…I was not greeted by the snack bar attendant when I approached the counter, nor was there any verbal response when I returned my leaking styro cup. The coffee had leaked from the cup at my table for the short interval until I noticed what was happening and the liquid had half soaked a notice carelessly taped to the center of the table informing the public that the table was for cafe customers only (a fairly blunt, if not unfriendly notice..check it out) and I left the table after doing my best to soak up the leak, the half taped paper “notice” an unsightly mess, so I looked around at the other tables…they too had stained and frayed notices taped to the table-top…appearing unkept, if not unclean, certainly unappetizing. Oddly, each table also had a separate “table tent” with the same notice. After my coffee, I made a quick stop at the men’s room. The entry to the men’s room was half, but not totally blocked with the typical cones and bucket indicating (indirectly) that a cleaning activity was underway, although there was no specific signage (or even a slip hazard warning) of what was going on. Soon after my exit from the men’s room, and for the rest of my 20 minute wait in the terminal, the whole men’s room was closed with additional buckets and barriers at the entry…no inside cleaning activity was apparent and other customers were understandably and noticeably distressed. As advised by the customer service people when I got my ticket validated for Greyhound service, I was ready to board at 1:40, ten minutes prior to scheduled departure. My bus was already at the gate (11) and the luggage bays were open, the luggage handlers were standing nearby, but turned away when I approached. The driver was wiping down the coach door window. I placed my luggage in the loading area and turned to the driver to see if I could board. Before I could even ask my question, the driver rudely barked something to the effect “You can’t be out here” (I think she said “on the ramp”).I said “what?” to which she replied “You need to go back inside” in an impatient, if not an angry tone. I turned to go inside and was told “You can’t leave your luggage there, you have to take it inside”… which I did. If Greyhound has a policy on this, it should be published with the issuance of your tickets and or signed at the gates area. By then it was nearly 2: p.m. I joined a cluster of people loosely aggregated around the (inside) gate door…no identifiable ***. Organizing a simple *** is easy and helpful to your customers and avoids unnecessary conflicts and annoyance. The driver eventually opened the gate door and started taking tickets. She announced that “Computer ticket holders must show ID” A passenger in front of me presented his computer ticket with an ID of some sort. The driver loudly and harshly challenged the rider to present a photo ID. The customer fished out a photo ID but indicated (correctly) that the driver had not specified photo ID; the driver said nothing, turning to the next passenger in line. I got in line with my carry-on and my large suitcase. Juggling these luggage pieces as best I could, I handed the driver the ticket folder / envelope the customer service people had given me. With an icy glare, the driver said “You need to remove the ticket from the envelope”, so I awkwardly positioned my luggage in such a way I could use both hands and complied with her order. Outside, I, myself, placed my luggage in the luggage bay as the handler watched. The coach seemed to be a fairly recent model, the kind you’d expect would have the capability to lower the front boarding steps to make boarding easier…If this unit was so equipped, the driver did not execute that comfort / convenience / safety feature. We left the terminal 2:10 p.m., a full 20 minutes later than the scheduled departure, I’m sure you could verify this on your video system. Before we left the terminal, the driver launched a scolding recitation of the “rules” to all passengers. I have traveled Greyhound many times before, but never heard the script she recited. After a while, I realized she was ad-libbing most of her threatening drivel; I get the admonition about smoking etc, and loud audio equipment; but she went on and on about cell phones, and the bus’s “quiet seats” (first four rows)…and that if she heard a cell phone ring, jingle, or beep, she would consider it a “driver distraction”…implying, of course, her power to deal with such offenses. OK, so I’ve never heard of “quiet seats”, or “quiet rows”. If Greyhound has a policy on this, it should be published with the issuance of your tickets. (As an aside, does Greyhound have a policy on concealed or “open carry” weaponry?…or over the top “PDAs” (public displays of affection)?, no such prohibitions were mentioned in the driver’s “spiel”…just saying). On the bus, I also noticed that most of the bottle holders attached to the seats had water, juice or soda bottles in them from previous passengers. I always try to get a window seat so I can enjoy the scenery. That pleasure was foreclosed this trip due to filthy windows, dirty to the point of distracting. Finally, as I mentioned previously, the bus departed 20 minutes late…however, we arrived in Worcester at 4:12, just 2 minutes past the scheduled arrival, this suggests to me that the driver had to speed to “make up” for lost time at departure…what gives? I would have identified the driver by name (I’m sure you can ID this driver), but there was no way a customer would know who was driving…no picture, ID, name plate or license displayed…seemed odd. Fortunately, there are alternatives to traveling Greyhound; if you expect any level of customer loyalty, at least mine, I suggest you demonstrate more customer respect. FEB 11TH, 9:14PM Hello Mr. Ryan, We appreciate you taking the time to notify us regarding your recent travel experience. We are never satisfied when a customer expresses a complaint or displeasure in our service. We also strive to achieve a high standard of customer satisfaction, and we rely on customers like you to make us aware of those areas that need our attention. We've forwarded your post to our manager in charge of the Albany Greyhound station for his review. Once again, we apologize that we failed to provide the level of service you expected and deserved. -JT FEB 19TH, 9:40PM I restrained myself from posting my complaint on a public review site, but the lack of response from your manager in Albany has reinforced my disgust with Greyhound's lack of customer respect.. FEB 20TH, 4:52PM Mr. Ryan, The registered information that was forwarded to management is handled internally. If you wish to speak with one of our customer care agents please call 214-849-8966. Thank you. JT FEB 22ND, 12:47AM JT, that is a really odd response! LOL? FEB 25TH, 1:28AM JT..just saying...Someone at Greyhound ought to care enough about the business to look into at least some of the complaints filed by dissatisfied customers. DR FEB 25TH, 4:42PM Mr. Ryan, When complaints are registered that are forwarded to management for further addressing. Greyhound values its customers and hearing from customers such as yourself allows us to continue to improve the quality of our service. Again, we apologize for your experience and any inconvenience. -LH APR 10TH, 3:59PM OK. Your assurance that my complaint was " forwarded to management for further addressing" has yielded nothing Let me clarify; I seek nothing in the way of compensation..no refund, no free ticket...nothing, except a little respect. Your pro-forma generic response was hollow and flat. So let someone in Corp Greyhound know what's really going on when you hear them whine about low sales.Meanwhile, I'll find another way to travel. Dan Chat Conversation End Type a message...
I didn't like
  • Bus driver attitude to me
Show
it was thursday january 2 2014 6am my daughter is taking the bus for the first time to see her boyfriend in conn.we get to the station enough time her bus leaves at 620.were in line to check in and the guy is taking tickets from other riders.my daughter goes over to...
Hooknose McGee

I was in New York City with my suitcase at Greyhound in early 1970. I had been to a lot of places in the world, and my suitcase had tags attached to it that I was proud of, c...

LTCC
LTCC

I don't know who to tell to grow up? Mom or the daughter....seriously....she is 19.....cut the cord