Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

In short, Greyhound stole $150 from me. I booked my ticket months in advance, only to find out a month before that I couldn't make the date I'd scheduled.

(December 30th.) Customer service told me to call them or to go to a station, and their Facebook page stated that they could reschedule me there as well. I have no access to transportation, so going to a station was not an option for me. The social media page started ignoring my messages after December 7th. I called in to reschedule, and the man I spoke with pulled my ticket up and asked me to wait a few minutes while he "checked something." He kept repeating, "Please stay on the line," every so often for about five minutes before hanging up on me.

I called again and spoke to a woman, only to have her tell me that they don't reschedule on the phone. Then, I got on their live chat on the greyhound website to verify that and was told that their policy does state that you can reschedule over the phone. So, this woman lied to me. The third time I called, I heard, "Hello, thank you for calling Grey-" and the line went dead.

Presumably because the guy hung up on me, just as the first person had. The next time I called, I was told that there was an issue with my ticket and the ONLY way I could reschedule was to go into a station and do it. I thanked the woman and called back, asking to speak with a manager. After explaining the situation to the manager and stating that I'd been saving up for my ticket for a whole year before purchasing it, I was still told that my only option was to go into a station.

I asked if I could get a refund due to the fact that they couldn't reschedule me on the phone and I couldn't get to a station, and was told no. Their social media page has yet to respond to me, despite three requests to reschedule through them.

(Note that I'd contacted the social media page before calling five times, and all my calls were spread out over a week rather than back-to-back. I also ALWAYS make a point to be polite because customer service is a *** job, so I wasn't hung up on because I was rude.) In short, Greyhound has treated me like garbage, refused to help me at all despite the fact that they can't do what was promised upon purchasing my ticket, and has refused to refund me.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Rude people, No service for purchased ticket, No refund, Rude customer service.

Comments