Fishers, Indiana
Level of Comfort

Bought tickets on advance, company did not notify bus was going to be 4 hrs late.

Comments

Boarded at Dallas at midnight. Sat second row.

Across the aisle a woman who also had two seats to herself asked if she could use the drink holder in my sideseat. It was dark on the bus, most passengers were trying to sleep but she was having a full meal. For what I felt wrre safety reasons I said no. She then told the extra driver sitting in the front row.

Without questioning me I think I heard her say "I'll make sure she will exit the bus at the next stop!" Since I couldnt believe they were talking about me I continued to sleep. At Fort Worth the extra driver told the driver she thought I shoukd get off the bus.I explained why I didnt want to share. "One person, one seat" she said. I then moved to the seat with the drink holder but she said, no its too late.

Besides thats not the way it works. Both drivers proceeded to kick me off the bus. I view this as discriminatory. If I were asking the person across the aisle to use the her drink holder and she said no, ni way would these drivers be kicking her off for my sake!

Also she probably did have drink holders if she didnt have three other bags with her. Often they have elastic band straps. Many a time Ive made do without a drink holder. Because of this discrimination and yes I did accuse the driver of being razist he hastened me off even faster.

Anyway by some "muracle" they scraped up enough pity to let me on the next bus 4 hrs later. In a Greyhound crisis its better to get off and reboard ://

@Anonymous

AND THEY NEED TO STOP DISCRIMINATING AGAINST PEOPLE WITH PSYCHIATRIC DISABILITIES AS WELL!

@Anonymous

Yes they need to offer those drivers regular counseling and diversity training and how to handle simple situations more flexibly. Trouble is Greyhound country is now Greyhound First and the jaded ones act like they are Mussolini.