Level of Comfort

Jan 2018 Terrible experience with Greyhound!!!!Had a ticket from Phila to Washington DC that was to leave @ 9:40 AM to arrive in DC slightly after 1 PM.

Timing was critical because I was going to see an exhibit in DC that closed at 5PM. We were told that the bus was delayed 1 1/2 hrs which would totally ruin the amount of time I had to see this exhibit. I asked for a refund, which they gave to me and ended up taking Amtrak which got me to DC at the same original arrival time. I kept my return bus ticket.

Just more horrible! Return was to leave at 5:55PM but we were told it was delayed till 6: 11, not too bad, I can see a 15 minute delay due to traffic in DC. However we were left on the platform and the bus arrived an hour late. We then could not board for another 45 mins.

So the 5: 55 bus did not leave till 7:40 PM. We were just standing on the platform, no explanations, no updates of status. A few thoughts: a company run this poorly should not be in business.

The savings taking Greyhound rather than Amtrak are not worth it unless you absolutely cannot afford the difference.Lastly, I think that Greyhound has the attitude that its customers are poor and have no other option, so they deserve to be treated like crap.

Review about: Greyhound Bus Service.