My name is Patricia A. Bailey, I am a 69 year old senior citizen and was in route home to Norfolk, Virginia.

Greyhound Confirmation Number: 61837665 Luggage Tracer #: 27036955 Schedule #: 1080 out of Charlotte, North Carolina on December 26, 2017 The Greyhound Bus Driver changed my original ticket at the door to take me on the Express Bus to Richmond, VA then to Norfolk, VA rather than my original ticket through Raleigh, N.C which would then take me to Norfolk, VA. Departure was 2 or more hours late in leaving the terminal after waiting for the driver. Upon boarding, normally the driver would give instructions on the rules of no smoking, cell phone use and noise levels allowed. However, upon entering the bus, this driver did not.

He instead proceeded to close the door, blow his horn and backed out (hitting something in the process) and left the terminal. Making no announcement of the stop until we were actually pulling into the Pilot Travel Center, Store number 57, 1342 Trollingwood Hawfields Rd., Mebane, NC 27302 - I40/85, Exit 152. Driver announced we would be at this location for 30 minutes. Passengers, including myself; left the bus and proceeded inside.

I went into McDonalds to get breakfast and so did the bus driver. In fact, we were sitting in immediate view of each other. Upon leaving McDonald's I made a purchase in the store, smoked a cigarette, went to the ladies room and proceeded out to the bus. The bus was still parked in the same location with door closed and engine running.

I tried to open the door but it was locked. I knocked but it still wasn't opened to allow me on board. At this point, I am thinking maybe the driver had locked the bus and was still inside the location. I turned, took two steps away from the bus at which point the engine revved and the bus pulled off....

I am now, running along side the bus waving my arms frantically, knowing full well this driver as well as the passengers on board can see me. He did not slow down nor stop and continued to enter the highway leaving me stranded in an unfamiliar place, knowing no one and without my medications (HBP/HC) along with other health issues; and basically not even knowing where I was at that time. I have since found out as stated.

I have notified Greyhound Customer Service/Complaint Department and Baggage Claim Department . I am also sending a Certified Letter to Dallas Corporate Headquarters with a detailed account of what transpired after being left behind.

Comments