Update by user Jan 22

I received an email from David Leach, CEO Greyhound, who hemmed and hawed about corporate decision to discontinue Bolt Bus service between Los Angeles and Las Vegas (and California as a whole). After 4 paragraphs of talk-speak, he (or whoever is hired to answer his email complaints) ended his email with garbage about Greyhound ".

. . currently making significant investments in new buses many of which are now operating the California market and would ask for your patronage one more time to give us a chance to meet your expectations." In an earlier paragraph, when Mr. Leach admits Greyhound has always owned Bolt Bus and he had the gall to say Greyhound uses the same buses that Bolt does.

No way!

They may be the same maker bus they most certainly aren't the same newer and well-maintained buses Bolt uses. I still will not use Greyhound bus service to Las Vegas; because of their decision to discontinue Bolt service in California and my lack of trust in the Greyhound corporation as a whole.

Original review posted by user Dec 23, 2018

I had taken Greyhound buses roundtrip from Los Angeles/Las Vegas until about a year ago; I am a senior and the midweek prices were great. About a year ago the service became totally unreliable -- buses departing/arriving late, frequent breakdowns, and really rude employees in the Los Angeles station.

I had complained to customer service a couple of times and they did refund my fare and refunded late hotel check-in costs on one occasion. But after I waited for a bus after a breakdown for 6 hours in an obscure station, I decided not to ride Greyhound any more. Today I went to BoltBus web site to see what fares were now, but there was no Los Angeles service listed, so I called BoltBus. They no longer have California service.

Found out Greyhound now owns Bolt and has suspended all California service. That is one of the worst business moves I have ever heard of.

Rather than improve their services in California, they just buy out their competition. I'll pay to use airlines rather than use Greyhound shabby bus service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Greyhound Bus Service.

Reason of review: Bad Business Practices.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments