State: New York Product: Greyhound Customer Care Clear all filters (4 of 53 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Greyhound in Brooklyn, New York - Refund issue

I am writing to make a huge complaint against greyhound for the troubles of me receiving my travel voucher. I purchased my tickets back in May 2016 confirmation number 89193553. I mailed in my tickets in June 2016 and still as of yet received my travel voucher. I am very frustrated and disappointed with the customer service hotline that specializes with the refund. They are not helpful and when asked to speak with a supervisor or manager no one is around to accept my call. This is not good for business. I am at a point now to where I am ready to sue this company for a full refund. I do not even want a travel voucher in return anymore due to the lack of assistance and the long waiting period. My refund number is 127983. It should not take this long to receive anything and every time I call they keep stating they are waiting for the back end to put it in the system which makes no sense waiting from June-November and still nothing. I need to hear back from someone in charge regarding this matter. Thelma Tanner
Greyhound Customer Care
Cons
  • Greyhound
  • Customer service
Poor customer service
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
Tags
  • BEWARE GREYHOUND BUS LINES
  • Greyhound Is Trash

Greyhound in New York, New York - Horrible service ever!

I bought the ticket but realized I would not need it, so I tried to get refund. First of all, their refund system is so annoying. I thought I could get refund online or phone call, but they asked me to mail it to Dallas office, and the person on the phone was so unfriendly and somehow annoyed to deal with me. It was annoying that I had to mail (and pay extra money for mailing!!), but I did it anyway because the ticket was expensive and worth getting refund. I attached my actual ticket and letter that indicating my request for refund and my contact information, as they state on their website. I used the tracking mailing, so I know that my mail was delivered soon after (about 5 days) to their office. And I have been waiting for about a month, and I do not hear anything from them and get no refund. So I just called them, but the guy on the phone was so useless! I have the picture of my ticket, so I told him what the confirmation number was, and he said he could not find any information coming up. He also asked my name, I told him my name but not how to spell my name. My name is not common, so general people ask how to spell, but he did not confirm it. So I just assume he put whatever the spell he thought and saying no information found. Of course not if you enter wrong name! He finally explained they may be taking a while dealing with all refund so I just need to wait. But I have been waiting almost a month and they never opened my mail or enter info into the system!? I really doubt that I will get refund ever. Even though I take my time preparing for mailing and putting extra money for tracking mail, it worth nothing and I just lost money! They are such thieve! Never gonna use this horrible service again.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy

Greyhound Customer Care Review from Middle Village, New York

l have used Greyhound the last 7 yrs, probably longer than the extremely rude, drunk guy who was loading my bus from DC to New York has been working for Greyhound. For starters, you shouldn't drink at your job; this guy was smelling of alcohol. He treated me with disrespect and used discriminatory language at me, the kind of language that should get him and Greyhound sued for discrimination. There are many bus options between DC abd New York. So bye Greyhound, you just lost not just a customer, but everyone I know who is considering traveling by bus.
Poor customer service

Greyhound in Syracuse, New York - All im asking is that when your working with the public remember to think before you speak.think before you speak

it was thursday january 2 2014 6am my daughter is taking the bus for the first time to see her boyfriend in conn.we get to the station enough time her bus leaves at 620.were in line to check in and the guy is taking tickets from other riders.my daughter goes over to ask if thats her bus he says yeah lets go get your bag my daughter is already nervous shes 19 i dont care if shes 9 or 40 shes going on a bus and the weather sucks.so shes like trying to hurry she says i guess im going so im going to hug her and the guy is like ok ok lets go.the bus wasnt going anywhere.then my daughter says where is my other ticket she had to change in albany hes like you didnt read the directions so know we have to copy it and hes tells the other guy hey so and so you need to copy this she didnt fo;;ow the instructions so copy it.and believe me it was not in a nice tone.my daughter was just looking at me like omg like happy freaking new year.i dont know if your going to be in customer service dont act like a ignorant *** to a young lady whether at work or out.would you like someone to treat your daughter like that.i really dont know how my husband held his tongue.i walked away saying i hope my daughter is ok.some people might read this and think it wasnt so bad oh well i want to be treated like i would treat them with respect

I was in New York City with my suitcase at Greyhound in early 1970. I had been to a lot of places in the world, and my suitcase had tags attached to it that I was proud of, commemorating my travels.

The luggage handling man cut all those tags off and left just the current Greyhound tag. I told him I had worked hard to collect those tags and I did not appreciate him cutting them off. He said he would not be able to know what tag was current with all those tags on. I felt then, and feel now, that Greyhound employees should read the fine print until they find their own particular tag, and not tamper with somebody else's property.

Just because my suitcase was in their custody does not mean they can modify it any way they want. I want my $25,000 collection of tags back.

LTCC

I don't know who to tell to grow up? Mom or the daughter....seriously....she is 19.....cut the cord

MikeBrady

I hope your daughter has a thicker skin than mom or she will not be able to function in society. The world is full of people who are rude or have bad days.

Sometimes they may be a little gruff. This is a good opportunity to teach your daughter how to brush off that kind of behavior. Thy guy didn't say anything untoward - it was just his tone.

You all could have moved on and put this tragedy behind you. But no, you wasted no time announcing how upset you are over such a petty thing.

View more comments (2)