Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

Update by user Jan 09

Update as of today being that this incident took place 3 months ago:I have contacted greyhound yet again for the 10th time (yes I’ve been keeping count) regarding my refund and of course they told me “call back in 3-5 business days” a like that has been told to me everytime i call. At this point i want to sue.

This is ridiculous already... i have called so many times and EVERYTIME i call i get the run around or i get the “but we sent your $50 refund October 20th”. Which I’ve contacted my bank and have proof from my bank that i have not received a refund from greyhound. And all for a measly $50???

They’re a bunch of *** con artists and anyone who takes a bus with greyhound after reading these reviews, i pray for your soul. They would let you die and then not notify anyone about anything that happened with their bus.

Original review posted by user Dec 10, 2018

This incident took place 10/24/28-10/25/18. It was a planned trip that was supposed to be from Orlando to New York. I was set to arrive in New Yok the very next day, instead I didn't arrive until the 27th of October.

Here's what happened:

Me and my two toddlers were on the ATL bus heading toward NY, we were maybe 40 minutes into the highway before the bus engine blew out and started smoking. Instead of taking precaution and stopping the bus, the driver revved the engine repeatedly until the smoke filled up the entire bus. After getting us all off the bus, he then said he would contact his supervisor and everyone at dispatch. HE DID NOT. My 2 year old son is asthmatic, and my 4 year old daughter is traumatized from that situation. She still brings it up from time to time. So being that we weren't too far into driving from the terminal, all of the passenger's on my bus and myself were all wondering why it was taking 3 hours for a recovery bus to come and get us. I was standing on the side of the highway with my children FOR 3 HOURS, when it finally came and we returned to the ATL terminal, NONE OF THE EMPLOYEES KNEW OF OUR SITUATION OR THE FACT THAT THE BUS EVEN BLEW OUT. Which goes to show they have no care in the world for their passengers/customers. They were rude to us, they didn't answer any of my questions about when our next departure was, they acted like I didn't even exist when I asked where I was supposed to go... Then they sent us on the recovery bus to Virginia, which once I arrived, I had to get a transfer ticket to get to New York... Me and my children had to wait 7 and a half hours at the Virginia Bus Terminal for our next bus... To top it off I had to have my husband send me more cash because our trip got extended and I needed to buy more take out foods for my kids because I ran out of snacks I had packed for a one day to the next travel. I finally arrived in New York with my kids at 2am on the 27th of October.

After the incident I contacted customer service RIGHT AWAY and asked for a full refund but was told I couldn't have a full refund because I still took the trip to New York (what else was I supposed to do?), I was offered a deal for my next trip (what a laugh) I told them NO and said I'll accept the refund of cash in $50 instead. They told me 3-5 business days, this was the first phone call in November. Since then, I've called 4 more times and they keep giving me the run around, it's all a gimmick, one representative I spoke to on the phone told me he would go and get his supervisor for me, and came back acting like I didn't recognize he had an accent the first time...I was talking to the same person. I want to sue for the negligence and inconvenience they have caused my family and I. God forbid me and my children would've been killed on that bus... My husband probably would've been offered a deal on his next trip... I don't care for the $50 anymore, I care for letting the world know how HORRIBLE it is to travel with Greyhound, they will put you in harms way and not give a damn about it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Greyhound Bus Service.

I liked: Gave us a 7 dollar meal plan voucher.

I didn't like: Unfair refund policy, Disgusting, Highway robbery prices greyhound charges for tickets, Horrible customer service, Negligence toward their customers needs.

Comments

Drama 101 is down the hall...

I Am really sorry with what happened to you and your little children. Hope you all got in New York, safe and health and that you had received your money back.

Thanks for all your infos. My young daughter sometimes travel on this bus, all by her self, to Gaiensville. She should not know what to do on a situation like this.

We'll check another option of transportation, for her next trip. Thanks

Right On! I was in the Dallas Greyhound Bus Terminal waiting for a bus to Houston once and they ran out of room and told me that I was going to have to wait hours for the next bus.

They gave me a $7 meal voucher and all that I was able to buy with it was an egg crossainwich type sandwich from the Greyhound. I wish that they had just given me $7 cash instead, because then I could have walked a couple of blocks over to the McDonalds in Dallas and gotten alot more food for my money.